An article entitled "Diversity in analysing brand-switching tables - The car challenge" was published in the Canadian Journal of Marketing Research (2000) by Richard Colombo, Andrew Ehrenberg and Darius Sabavala.
Richard Colombo also kept the original submitted articles, data tables and a commentary on his web site. Sadly, Richard passed away some years ago and the material from his site disappeared from the Web. We have re-published the material from Richard's site here to retain open-access to this important contribution.
Contributing articles and supporting material is listed below, while the link to the full text article is at the bottom of the page.
- Aurier, P., ‘An MDS Approach’
- Bemmaor, A. C., ‘New Car Data Challenge’
- Chandrasekharan, R. and Wright, G. P., ‘Estimating Loyalty and Switching Proportions’
- Chatfield, C., ‘Initial Data Analysis’
- Colombo, R. A., and Morrison, D. G., ‘Hard-core Loyal/Potential-Switcher Model’
- Cooper, L., ‘Singular-Value Decomposition’
- Ehrenberg, A. S. C. and Pouilleau, B., ‘The Analysis of a Contingency Table: the Pattern of Car Switching'
- Everitt, B., ‘Cluster Analysis of Car Data: a Trial Run for France 1989
- Goodman, L. A., ‘Generalizations of the simple Mover-stayer Model, Association Models and the Quasi-symmetry Models, in the Analysis of Brand-switching Data and Other Cross-classified Data’
- Gower, J. C. and Zielman, B., ‘Analysis of Car-Switching Data’
- Hoffman, D. L. and de Leeuw, J., ‘A Two-stage Procedure for Analyzing a Brand Switching Matrix’
- Jain, D. and Vilcassim, N., ‘A Latent Class of Model for the Competitive Structure of the French Automobile Market’
- Kalwani, M. U., Kannan, P. K. and Byunghoon, L., ‘The Structure of Inter-brand Competition’
- Laurent, G., ‘An Exploratory Analysis with Graphics’
- Lebart, L., ‘The Analysis of A Contingency Table’
- Marcati, A., ‘A Network Analytic Approach’
- Merkin, B. G., ‘A Strategy to Interpret Brand Switching Data with a Special Model for Loyal Buyer Entries’
- Morgan, B. J. T., ‘Assymetry Analysis’
- Nelder, J. A., ‘Using Glim’
- Novak, T. P., ‘Factorial Tree Models of Brand Switching Data’
- Phillips, F., ‘The Analysis of a Contingency Table Using MDI Estimation in Excel 3.0’
Colombo, R and Sabavala, D (2013), "Approaches to Analyzing Brand Switching Matrices", Journal of Empirical Generalisations in Marketing Science, Vol. 14, No. 1